Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Turkey Noodle Soup


I like to keep foods in my freezer so that I can make a healthy meal for my family easily.  This is an example of one of these recipes.  To make my turkey noodle soup I simply took out of my freezer a few cups of frozen, mixed veggies and about 2 cups of white turkey meat.  After I cook a turkey I cut off and cube some of the meat to use in the future.  I usually freeze 2 cups of cubed meat in a small freezer bag and label it.  Next, I added a few cups of frozen, homemade turkey stock.  I put all of this in my crockpot and heat it up.  Then I added some already cooked thin spaghetti noodles.  I cut the noodles with scissors so that they are short.  I add a little pepper and done!  Tasty, frugal, and healthy!

6 comments:

  1. Your soup looks delicious!

    We love homemade turkey/chicken noodle soup.

    Hope you're having a great week.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda thank you! I'm going to start some more stock tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. This looks great. I have not made it with mixed veggies before but may try it sometime. Your roses are beautiful too. Have a great day in the Lord!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I used some frozen mixed veggies from costco! Red roses are so nice this time of year!

      Delete